Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowman StoryTime @ The Book Spot 1/13/2011

I was so very excited and nervous for my first storytime at The Book Spot today, 1/13/2011!  I was so honored to have some friends show up to support me and I think they (and their children) enjoyed the storytime! YAY!

In case you didn't know - Snowmen are pretty cool!  They were the topic for Today's storytime!  I'll try to keep track of what we are doing during storytime - stories, songs, crafts. :-)

I hope you enjoy!

Of course we had to start with a Welcome song to say Good Morning to all the kiddos!  Then we dove into the world of snowmen!

I read the following books today, and I think they went over pretty well!
Books:
Snow Family by Daniel Kirk
Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Buehner
Snow Friends by M Christina Butler and Tina Macnaughton
All You need for a Snowman by Alice Schertle

Even the babies wanted in on the action! ;-) The kids were great listeners!

Songs/Rhymes (Original Authors Unknown):

Five Little Snowmen (sung to: "5 little monkeys")
Five little snowmen riding on the sled (pretend five fingers are sledding)
One fell off and bumped his head (pretend one finger falls off...rub head)
I called Frosty and Frosty said (dial imaginary telephone)
"No more snowmen, riding on that sled!" (say in a deep voice)
Four little snowmen... etc

5 little snowmen: (sung to "5 little pumpkins)
5 little snowmen sitting on the ground, (pat hands on floor)
the first one said; "oh my aren't we round." (make circle with arms)
The second one said; "there are snowflakes in the air." (wiggle fingers above head)
The third one said; "but we don't care." (shrug shoulders)
The fourth one said; "lets run and run and run. (pat hands quickly on the floor)
The fifth one said; "I'm ready for some fun." (smile)
Whew went the wind (blow) and out came the sun (make circle with arms over head)
and the five little snowman knew their fun was done.( pretend your melting)

Disappearing Snowman Cookies
Five cookie snowmen sitting on a tray.
Five cookie snowman smiling all day.
Along came a little child, rubbing his tummy.
One cookie disappeared,
Yum, Yum, Yummy!!

             Repeat to all the cookies are gone.

After Storytime and Songs it was time to do our craft!  Today we decorated our own Snowman Sugar Cookies using raisins, twizzler, M&Ms, Dots, chocolate chips - it was AMAZING!  So much fun!!





I had a blast reading to the kids and am so honored and blessed to have this opportunity!

Lots of fun! Until Next time! :-) 
 Ms. Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment